OER Fund: Implementation Grants
*This funding opportunity is now closed*
OER Implementation Grants proposal deadline: Thursday, November 25, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - CLOSED
OER Implementation Grants provide funding and staff support to UBC faculty who wish to incorporate open educational resources as required materials into their UBCV undergraduate credit courses.
OER Implementation Grant proposals can request up to $25,000 over the life of the project which can run for a full academic year with the possibility of extending projects for up to six months. This direct support can be used by UBCV faculty to support the adoption, adaptation, creation, and/or integration of OER into credit-based courses.
OER Implementation Grant proposals will be reviewed by an adjudication committee comprised of faculty, students and staff. Successful proposals will meet the following criteria:
- Address affordability and access to learning materials, including those used for assessment, through the integration of high quality, freely available and accessible OER into UBCV credit courses as required learning materials.
- Describe a clear plan for how the OER will be developed and/or integrated into courses to support and enhance learning outcomes as part of the course design.
- Provide a sustainment plan for the OER, including how the resources will be curated and sustained beyond the OER funding period.
- Include an evaluation plan complete with outcomes-based criteria that will be used to determine the project’s success and impact.
- Commit to release and share the resources with an open license, such as a Creative Commons license, that allows others to freely adapt, modify, copy and/or redistribute the resources.
- Adopt or develop materials that are in a format or on a platform that readily enables modifications or reuse of the content.
- Commit to contributing the resources to the UBC OER Catalogue to facilitate discovery and sharing of the OER.
Before proceeding, please read all OER Fund criteria and application instructions at: https://oerfund.open.ubc.ca/oer-implementation-grants/
It is recommended that prospective applicants attend or schedule a consulting session prior to submission of the proposal. Please visit https://events.ctlt.ubc.ca/event-category/open-education/ for a list of upcoming consulting sessions.
Department Head Approval
- Department Heads/Unit Heads, Directors, or equivalents must be consulted and agree to support the project. This must include confirmation that developing the new resource(s) meets departmental curriculum policies. Department Heads must also approve any faculty teaching buy-outs.
Logging In & Getting Started
Click "LOG IN TO APPLY" at the top of this page to start a new application.
When logged in, click the green "APPLY" button at the top of this page to navigate to your new application dashboard.
If you have already started an application, click the grey "See my application" button to navigate to your application dashboard.
If you are unable to locate your application or experience any technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com.